Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here from around Charlotte, NC?
I'm new to the hobby and curious to know if there are others near me. You never know when you might need a couple extra fruit flys, or when someone near you could save the price of overnight shipping by sharing some of yours! ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am located in Columbia, SC, so not too far from you. I know of a bunch of froggers in Raleigh area, but not too sure about Charlotte.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm in the process of moving to Garner from just south of Jeff in the Triad. Was in Charlotte for a concert last night though. There are people on here from around the state, as Jeff said.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am up the block in Davidson.

JACK

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent you a PM, Jack. Please let me know if you get it - I've tried sending others on this board but have yet to see any messages in my "sent" box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI i'm in Lincolnton and I am new with frogs. I'm slowly building my viv but it would be great to split shipping if we are both ready to order.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Honeybee, I'm planning on going to the exotic animal show in Raleigh next weekend and getting as much "stuff" there as I can. The shows are always fun, and besides the gas is cheaper than shipping. Looks like a lot of NC froggers are going, here's the link frogface shared with me: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/so...exotic-animal-show-sept-3rd-4th-2011-a-4.html

Here's what I'd like to get at the show:
Drift wood to use in a fake background
Repashy calcium plus supplement
assorted mosses, flowers, and plants for the new viv
As many different types of tropical isopod as I can reasonably buy
springtails

These things would be nice to have but only if I can find good deals:
Flour beetles (from what I understand they're super easy to care for long-term and the larva make a good backup food)
wingless hydei flies (I'd like to try them out on my frogs, see if they like 'em)
small phoenix worms (same as above)
excelsior
ff culture cups
a larger tank to make a new viv out of if I can find anything at least as big and cheap as a 29 gallon aquarium
better hygro- and thermometers than the cheapos I have now
assorted leaves for ground litter
assorted cork bark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I hate I'm not going to make it to that show. I missed the one in Charlotte too. I guess things just aren't working out for me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, you still have the show in Columbia, SC come November 5th-6th. It is a little further than Charlotte, but there will be three or more really good dart frog vendors there.

That Saturday, with approval from the wifey, I am hoping to have a BBQ/frogger get-together if anyone is interested. I will also have a few Ranitomeya to trade. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts