Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im very new to growing aquatic plants in terrariums and vivariums. I bought an anubias at a local pet store and i have had it in a grow tank for around a month, would it be ready to go in? And what should i do to make sure it thrives?

·
Registered
248 Posts
It can grow as terrestrial or aquatic, so is likely extremely tolerant of almost any situation you put it in...I would say it will likely appreciate slightly lower light intensity from my experience in aquariums.

Keep the rhizomes above the soil, ie. don't bury the root system. I'm sure some others here have more experience growing this in a vivarium setting, so hopefully they can chime in with more information.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I had photos of mine. I used to have anubias Nana petite in my tank. I didn't water it anymore than the other plants but my tank does stay pretty humid. It did really well! I need to get some more and try them again.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Easiest plant in the world back when I used it in a dart frog tank. It enjoys humidity, low light. I did nothing special for it. If I recall correctly I probably left some rhizome above the surface.

·
Super Moderator
3,316 Posts
I have some A. barteri var. 'nana' growing emersed in a failed drainage depression (now just damp gravel) in the front corner of a 24" deep viv in which I keep the SD light panel turned down pretty low, and it grows well. I've grown this variety submersed just inches under four T5HOs, so it isn't too fussy about light one way or the other.

Reactions: Fahad

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have both Anubias hastifolia and A. congensis in my reed frog tank in the land area. They thrive in bright conditions for me (as in right underneath the light bright). The hastifolia in particular is getting pretty big as of now, I recon it's probably around +40cm high. Bury the roots and leave the rhizome on top and they will do fine. They do make massive root systems so once they are established and growing, they are not very easy to move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts