Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've had them in a couple tanks but they tended to get too tall. Like Melissa said, they are good for a tall tank.

Donn

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Anthuriums will work in dart tanks

The ones that you can pick up at Home Depot, Lowes, Franks, and so on do get too large for smaller tanks. They can get very tall and very wide, but aen't the fastest grower in my experience. A couple cool things about them is that they will flower in tanks, they have nice broad leaves for eggs laying, they will support a frogs weight, and that they can grow completly in the water (roots submerged). So they are neat plants, but do get rather big. I think they same could be said about Peace Lilies. I am interested in trying some of the different Anthuriums out there, ones that supposedly will do great in terrarums and are smaller.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Two of my favorites are Anthurium clarinervium (this one gets a little tall but it's an awesome looking plant) and Anthurium Scandens (stays relatively small, good epiphytic creeper).

Donn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I had bought a few plants from home depot and was wondering if they would live in a tank with darts. The totem pole mix is some kinda vine which im sure should do well also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.