Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
No, you are looking for 100% silicone not 100% waterproof. The label on this makes it look like this one has some additives.

Pretty close to where you found this, you should find GE 100% Silicone 1 which is known to be safe.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is the stuff I am looking for correct?

If kit cna someone share a link? View attachment 296577
Looking at the data sheet and all the warnings it contains, I don’t think I would use it. https://sds.momentive.com/ehswww/te...0000000000000006&P_RES=5118&winTitle=MSET 3.1

Look for something that is aquarium specific. Not sure about which brands are available where you are located, but over here there are many silicones that are 100% silicon based and sold as aquarium/flora/fauna safe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually that does look like it is it. In the US, silicones not marketed for aquarium will often have that disclaimer so the manufacturer can CYA.

In the top R corner I can't tell if that is silicone 1 or 2, but its definitely 100%. If its silicone 1, that is what you're looking for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what I thought. I remember reading somehwere that someone sued GE because it said aquarium safe and they attempted to build a large aquarium and it fell apart, so they added not aquarium safe. I will go back later and purchase a few bottles of it. I just want to be prepared for once all of my background items start showing up.

I still have some prep to do and figure out what bulkheads I need to do and get the plumbing done. But that is going to happen soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts