Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm currently designing a 120 for my leuc trio [probably adding one or two more] and I'm planning on making a Large Log to go right across 2/3 of the viv...

Trying to make it as natural as possible, I would like to have Mushrooms on it...

First off, here's the look i'm going for[these aren't my pics]:

[from: link

But here's my problem:
Since Springs eat fungi, would it be pointless trying to get a colony established?

I figured the cost of buying them would be the same as making them, so, I've also thought about making them [that way they last 'forever'].

If i were to make them, i think i'd do this method [link] and hide the power supply in the fake log...would this work? is there a rish of electrocution if i did this?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i had the same curiosity about a month ago:

</H1></H1>Images(s)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never thought of UV LED's...do you think the electrical would be safe if it's hidden in the log?

·
Registered
725 Posts
i think what you should do is run a power supply into the viv, and through the log, then silicone the holes and stuff the wire runs through. that way no moisture can get to it and short it out.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i have my 4 UV LED light strips mounted with silicone to the underside of my glass canopy lid:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
i think what you should do is run a power supply into the viv, and through the log, then silicone the holes and stuff the wire runs through. that way no moisture can get to it and short it out.
no need to create a disaster waiting to happen if you set it up the way i have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts