Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a newbie question for everyone. I just purchased 0.0.4 GB Auratus from Under the Canopy Farms. They are pretty small, maybe 1 or 2 months old. My question, I purchased an acrylic enclosure from them as well that measures 12Lx18Hx10W (appx. 10g). I went ahead and put in a Black Velvet Alocasia, Tillandsia, Neo. Liliputiana Brom, coconut hut, and tern fern backing, moss, and some creeping fig. Is this enclosure big enough for the froglets, until I get them a little bigger? Then I plan on transferring them to my 40G vivarium that I built. Thanks for any and all responses!!

G

·
Mark if they are only a month or two old putting them into a larger enclosure, even the 10 gal size might be to large for them right now. It might be best to put them in a shoebox size enclosure so that you can keep an eye on them and make sure they are eating and when the frogs get to being about 7-8 months old transfer them to the 10gal.

just my.02
Matt

·
Registered
696 Posts
With 4 auratus the 10 gal should be fine for a bit. I think you are going in the right direction. I have 3 auratus (3-4mo old) in a 55 gal. They are quite active climbers and active hunters. Just keep an eye on them. You can sketch their patterns for individual ID. Monitor each frog as far as growth/eating/etc.
Good Luck!
Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!

Thanks guys for the info. I did feed them last night, and they ate just fine. I even saw them "stalking" there FFs. Pretty interesting actually. I also saw them climbing around both on the sides and the backwall. So I think this size enclosure will be just fine. Do you think the 7 to 8 months old will be ok, or too long in such a small enclosure?

Thanks again!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts