·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sent you a pm just wonderin if you got it. if you did jump on the chat

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Don't mean to be a nag, but 3 posts asking Arklier personal questions (good through PM) and then asking if he recieved them?

Also, on your topic about having enough experience to mix. It's not that way at all. There's not a certain point where you would say "man, I've been keeping frogs for 12 years (example), now I feel like mixing some species". You'll notice that people who mix species, do so with animals from one particular area. And usually about 2 species. Most people on this forum (including myself) get hyped up over people wanting to mix different dendrobates. How do you think they feel with you mixing phelsuma, brookesia, mantella, and denrobates. And then, giving advice for people to mix? First off, mantellas are toxic like dart frogs, but as far as I know, not the same kind. Phelsuma require a very hot basking temperature to thrive, how would th epainted mantellas like this? Theynwould die form HRMSS in a few days. Since they haven't, it's obvious the day geckos are not being kept properly. I've never kept brookesia, but have read that they like lots of leaf litter and to aeriate their tank very well. Mantellas like it more humid. Darts love it more humid. 7 months is honestly not a long time. Think about the frogs being kept bad at pet stores that jsut drag their lives on until somebody buys them or they kick the bucket. Same thing in my opinion. Most of us here set up nice, naturalistic vivariums for a single species, so that they can thrive, breed, etc. This way the frogs are happier and more healthy. I'm sure you've heard this before, take it with an open mind, or leave it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts