Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone I wanted to let you know that my frog call app is now live in the android market. See this post for features / screen shots.
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ge...eed-frog-calls-breeding-info-android-app.html

Currently there are 22 species with more being added daily.

Here is a link to the app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onthecaseapps.collectivecroak.core

Please use the in app recording feature to capture your frogs calling and add to the call database! Let me know if you have suggestions / species you really want.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a heads up if you are running android 4.0.3 (First revision of Ice Cream Sandwhich) there is a bug when you try to play a call. I will upload the fix after work today. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the youtube video! People have started recording their own frogs so expect to see some new species / calls showing up in the next day. If you have notifications enabled in the settings then you will be notified when new species are added!

Thanks to everyone checking the app out!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New Species Added:

Mantella "Aurantiaca"
Mantella "Laevigata"
Epipedobates Anthonyi 'Santa Isabel'
Ranitomeya Ventrimaculata (Amazonica)

Thank you to those who contributed the new calls through the app! Keep the calls coming!

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New version up!

Adds:
1. Ability to save and use frog call as ringtone
2. New Indicator next to species that have been recently added.
3. Changelog will display when app updates
4. Email me link added to settings page

Whats next:
The code for display breeding info is now ready just need to collect said info you if you are willing to writeup a info about a species please let me know.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
691 Posts
Are you planning on making this available for the iTunes market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Two new frogs added!

Vanzolinii, and Intermedius! Thank you to those who have been recording your frogs calling! Keep the recordings coming.

Even if the species you have is already in the app please submit more recordings. The app has support for multiple calls per species.

I also really need breeding information about each species. I have written the code to efficiently show breeding information but so far only have said information for a single species.

As for releasing the app on the itunes app store that is not something that I am currently planning on doing due to the cost ( 100$ / year ).

Thanks,
Nathan

As a side note, I just released my second app which has nothing to do with frogs but if you have kids they might enjoy it. My cousins asked me to make an app that allows you to enter two names and then combines them in random ways and speaks the result. So I created Name Smash which should be rolling out to the store today!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onthecaseapps.namesmash

Let me know if your kids enjoy it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If enough people start contributing calls and there are enough calls / species then I will make this happen! Currently most species only have a single call but I am hoping that will change.

Maybe a cool feature would be the ability to rate a call? Crowd source the best ones and then as more calls are added the best one is the default.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts