Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I received my Java moss, and on the advice of several people, I minced it up with a knife. It is pretty fine. It looks like minced dill weed.
Anyway, I just pasted it on the log where it will remain wet but not wash away. It is under bright light also. Does it look okay?

I hate not knowing what I am doing!! lol

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
yeah, but dont put it on too thick, you want it all to get light! lol cant tell how close up that photo is.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan said:
yeah, but dont put it on too thick, you want it all to get light! lol cant tell how close up that photo is.

Ryan
It is about 6 inches away from the camera and is spread about 1/8 inch thick.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've never heard of mincing it up, but the stuff is pretty tuff. I would have just pulled it out thin over the surface and let it fill in naturally. Maybe you guys know something I don't.

Anyway, I hope you didn't pay money for that clump . . . it looks pretty small. :? Regardless, if that is under your 65 watt CF, I think you should have plenty of moss in no time as long as your mincing trick works. I'd probably spread it out a little thinner than 1/8 inch, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Homer said:
I've never heard of mincing it up, but the stuff is pretty tuff. I would have just pulled it out thin over the surface and let it fill in naturally. Maybe you guys know something I don't.

Anyway, I hope you didn't pay money for that clump . . . it looks pretty small. :? Regardless, if that is under your 65 watt CF, I think you should have plenty of moss in no time as long as your mincing trick works. I'd probably spread it out a little thinner than 1/8 inch, though.
I didn't use it all. I did two tanks like that and only used about 1/4 of the clump. How long before I should see some growth?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts