Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I used to be happy with just the native reptiles and amphibians I would catch around my house but as I got older I started to gain a interest in the more exotic. Fast forward 35+years and now I have rooms in my house dedicated to those obsessions and their inhabitants. Everything from 300+gallon saltwater reef tanks to arid australian dwarf monitors and really everything in-between. Although dartfrogs always interested me I just never really found the time with all the other species I keep. Now that the kids are older I find myself with reluctant errr I'm mean willing helpers;) that are careful enough to not lose a finger to an over eager monitor. All joking aside planted vivariums have always been kind of a side hobby but normally they were too large for a animal as small as a dart frog but lately I've been modifying exo terras and planting a few of the 36x18x36 and find myself looking at dart frogs and considering making the the featured tenants.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Welcome. Is there a species of dart frog that has caught your eye specifically?

For me the one that drew me into the hobby was Ameerega bassleri "Chrome" , took me a couple of years of prep with other species before I was ready for them though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Is there a species of dart frog that has caught your eye specifically?

For me the one that drew me into the hobby was Ameerega bassleri "Chrome" , took me a couple of years of prep with other species before I was ready for them though.
Really leaning towards Adelphobates galactonotus or Phyllobates terribilis but still wading through the online dealers and researching them to find a shop I would want to business with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts