Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very nice picture Bill... do we need to ask what the next few moments brought about?? :wink:

Thanks for sharing it...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the wonderful comments you guys!! I took nearly 100 shots in this sitting and this was the only one that came out good. I'm not 100% satisfied with the depth of field as the legs were out of focus. Oveerall, I think it's a good photo that deserved the comical twist I added. Thanks!

-Bill J.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
DOF is a tough issue. I find it a bit easier on the smaller frogs, ans actually have a tough time with it on the larger ones.

You get VERY good pictures out of a 3mp camera. Some of the best macros I have seen out of a 3mp for that matter.

Again very good picture,

BillJohnson said:
Thanks for the wonderful comments you guys!! I took nearly 100 shots in this sitting and this was the only one that came out good. I'm not 100% satisfied with the depth of field as the legs were out of focus. Oveerall, I think it's a good photo that deserved the comical twist I added. Thanks!

-Bill J.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kyle...actually it's 4mp. ;) I would love to get a set of coated Hoya macro lenses to help alleviate the DOF issue....which is a very tough area like you said.

-Bill J.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pic of a great frog there bill. I can't wait to start getting into thumbs.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Opps my fault thought it was a 3.2, but guess it is a 4.1. Af for the filters you will have even more DOF problems with them. It reduces it down to nothing in some cases. You end up increasing the aperture (to increase DOF) so you end up needing more light (flash). Thust my issue... DSLRs help with useable higher isos, but I still plan to get a ring flash when I upgrade.

BillJohnson said:
Kyle...actually it's 4mp. ;) I would love to get a set of coated Hoya macro lenses to help alleviate the DOF issue....which is a very tough area like you said.

-Bill J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts