Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i figured id post some pics of some frogs and a newly planted exo-terra that holds 3 E. trivittatus. I couldnt get pictures of the Tri's they arnt used to the tank yet. But i got some pics of some cobalts in on of my other tanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those for sure look nice.

Hey taro how long did it take for mistking to deliver your mister?

Cheers

Xavier

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those for sure look nice.

Hey taro how long did it take for mistking to deliver your mister?

Cheers

Xavier

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lookin' good.

What kind of lighting? There is wire screening on the top, correct? Do fruit flies get out?

~Harry

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have one of these terrariums and the fruit flys can't get out. Most people will want to seal off the top to keep the humidity up preventing any escapies even if they could get through the screen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the top sealed up almost compleatly with some thin acrylic. I just have a few florecent tubes on it, im haveing a little trouble keeping the heat up though. Once summer is in full force it shouldnt be a problem then ill just have to figure it out for winter.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
boastud said:
those arent out yet, how did you get the vivarium?
They've been available at Petco for about a month. See my post with pictures of mine (still empty, unfortunately) in the parts section.

I haven't moved my cobalts in yet, since they seem to have come down with some kind of illness. I'm having a fecal done and waiting for them to recover before moving in.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I just ordered 3 of the mediums 12x12x18 through my local pet shop. can someone point me to the mods post?

Bob

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bob,
Here is a couple of mods that I found earlier today....
http://www.dendroboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7077

I just got a couple of the mediums the other day.
So far they look pretty cool. I took out the wire mesh on the top of the tank and siliconed a couple of pieces of glass. Got it plumbed into my misting system now. Really easy to do!

I just need to get some screen into the vent. Might be a little bit harder....

Hope that helps out.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Thanks it does help. tho I was thinking of trying acrylic instead of glass. This way i can let a little uv in. Mine arrives on wednesday if you get yours done before then let me know. I can hardly wait to take these apart.

Bob

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
By chance is that bromeliad a Vriesea 'Tiffany'? If so, I am interested in getting a couple and was wondering if you have any length of experience with them to see how well they work out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I belive it is a Tiffany. I have them in almost every viv i have going. I Think they will eventully out grow some of the smaller vivs. But so far they are great the frogs nestle down into the leaves at night.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts