Dendroboard banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the American Frog day show/event which will be next weekend in Tarrytown, NY? I am only a couple of hours from it so I was planning on going, but I was not sure what to expect in terms of items available for sale. I see a vendors list, but that doesn't tell me all that much. Can I expect to get plants and terrarium-type supplies (e.g., wood, cork, lighting, etc)? Decent variety of reputable CB frogs (tank is just built so it is unlikely I will buy any but would like to be in contact with breeders)? I am mostly just making sure it is worth the drive and spending my Saturday. Any input is welcome!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the American Frog day show/event which will be next weekend in Tarrytown, NY? I am only a couple of hours from it
If you are a couple of hours away I would say without question you should go. Frog day is pretty awesome. Last time I went there were lots of different dart frog species available even someone with a bunch of histrionicus. Lots of plants. Not much on the hard goods side of things as far as I can recall but, who knows.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, good to know! I am literally around two hours away and will have a tank ready for plants so the plants alone would be worth it.

If I can come away with another tank that would be even better since it seems shipping is really the biggest issue with the larger terrariums. I e-mailed in situ to see what they would have there and did not get a reply, hoping they have some options available! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
Awesome, good to know! I am literally around two hours away and will have a tank ready for plants so the plants alone would be worth it.

If I can come away with another tank that would be even better since it seems shipping is really the biggest issue with the larger terrariums. I e-mailed in situ to see what they would have there and did not get a reply, hoping they have some options available! Thanks!
They have a sweet promo running for the show. Check out inSitu's Instagram page for details.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aww man... I'm about 15 minutes from Tarrytown with traffic lol. I'll be out of town this weekend, so bummed! I would have loved to go. I hope they'll be back next year!

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Aww man... I'm about 15 minutes from Tarrytown with traffic lol. I'll be out of town this weekend, so bummed! I would have loved to go. I hope they'll be back next year!
Probably not....they alternate east and west coasts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pumilio...granulifera ...lots of rare plants
Good to know! I know plants are definitely of interest this weekend. I am also definitely interested in pumilio down the line after I have another good tank established. I am in Scranton so even though I wouldn't want any this weekend, I am certainly fairly close if you have any available in the future.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well at the very least if anybody needs any recommendations on restaurants/bars/other things to do while in the area I'd be happy to try to direct...I'm sure the attending vendors will have their hands full but just thought I'd offer if anybody has some extra time on their hands and isn't sure what to do/where to go

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Anyone who can go to this event who doesn't should be in Dendroboard jail! (Or Dendroboard detention. Or somethin') This is the Amphibian event. I don't even understand the question--CB darts, tree frogs, isopods and maybe a half-dozen exotic plant vendors! Isopods, springtails, supplies... You guys have seen the vendor lists--just look at their websites. All these cats will be there. It should be a warm but cloudy day, but the venue does have a bar-restaurant (good food, but not cheap). And we'll have a charity auction at 3! (I myself am donating some rare aroids ;) )

You will:
--Hang with other froggers;
--Eat;
--Drink;
--Go home with plants and/or frogs--that you personally selected.

--So says the Groundhog.
(Seriously, I don't know what else can be said about this...)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Ah, I re-read the OP. A new guy. Well, you will find all the plants, leaves, isopods and springtails you will need...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah, I re-read the OP. A new guy. Well, you will find all the plants, leaves, isopods and springtails you will need...
Yes, definitely new to keeping frogs! I only asked because I know some typical herp expos can be pretty blah. I should have guessed that the once a year event would NOT be blah, but I figured I would ask just to be sure! Thanks a lot, I am very much looking forward to it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts