Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an american bullfrog with some fish and a crayfish. unfortunately i got a fish with some ich :( i need to treat the tank for ich but the bullfrog is sensitive to copper. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Administrator
4,860 Posts
Unfortunately, this is just one of the myriad of problems with multi-species displays, and not quarantining new animals.

The crayfish is sensitive to copper, too, and the other (formalin-based) ick remedies are not safe for amphibians, and can be hard on invertebrates.

If it were me, I'd put the non-fish inhabitants into other quarters, and treat the fish with a formalin product. After the treatment period, ensure that the medication is gone through a 100% water change, heavy carbon filtration, or both.

Reactions: hp192

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping she or the crayfish would have eatin them, sonic didnt think to guarentee big mistake on my part.. they didnt so now I am stuck lol . I have separated the fish and am teating them. I am just worried that the tank has been seeded with ich. I also raised the salinity so hopefully that works. 😩

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.