Dendroboard banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They won’t be nearly as visible as your Terribs.
In fact, most times I walk by my Ameerega tanks, it’s a ghost town.

You won’t be seeing them very often, if that is your goal, as they can be pretty secretive at times.

Nick Gamble
Gamphibian House
Here's what it looks like every time I walk into the frog room (please excuse the reflection, I didn't open the vivarium doors):

The red marks are below the 3 frogs.
PXL_20201026_183525173.jpg
PXL_20201026_183511692~2.jpg

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
That’s bc you have 4 leaf clovers up your butt. Lol

The only time I see mine is early morning, and right before sunset.

Nick Gamble
Gamphibian House

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
I see my female pepperi Abiseo all the time and can sometimes find the male, too, if I look hard enough. I think there are a lot of factors in play including the disposition of individual frogs, tank 'scaping/design, and amount of light among many others that will determine how often you see your frogs. As Gamble said, though, I can't imagine any combination of the above making them as visible as terribs, though :)

Mark

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I see my female pepperi Abiseo all the time and can sometimes find the male, too, if I look hard enough. I think there are a lot of factors in play including the disposition of individual frogs, tank 'scaping/design, and amount of light among many others that will determine how often you see your frogs. As Gamble said, though, I can't imagine any combination of the above making them as visible as terribs, though :)

Mark
One of my pepperi is, almost literally, out in sight all day long, and the others stay where I can see them if I look close enough. As bold as any of my other frogs, perhaps the single boldest frog I own.

I tend to have less bright lights than most people use, I use a single sunblaster T5HO for this tank, perhaps that helps ;-)

·
Super Moderator
2,925 Posts
I raise Pepperi tads communally and I haven't added leaves so far. I don't guess it could hurt adding a leaf or two to my water, though. Might try that next breeding season. I haven't had great success getting my pair to produce healthy froglets on a percentage basis, so I am happy to try the leaves :)

Mark

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I raise Pepperi tads communally and I haven't added leaves so far. I don't guess it could hurt adding a leaf or two to my water, though. Might try that next breeding season. I haven't had great success getting my pair to produce healthy froglets on a percentage basis, so I am happy to try the leaves :)

Mark
Thanks! I'll give it a shot with this clutch and document what happens ,

21 - 35 of 35 Posts