Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Definitely a slept on species. Can you tell us more about their habitat requisites and personality traits?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely a slept on species. Can you tell us more about their habitat requisites and personality traits?
I would love to be able to, but these are my first Ameeregas. What I will say, with my 1 hour of captive husbandry is: SPACE!
One of the bassleri, that's currently about the size of an adult Ranitomeya, jumped a full 18" across the vivarium (my vivarium is 36"x18"x24"and it jumped at least halfway across the vivarium in a single jump)

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Really sweet! Mature 'chrome' are a morph that makes my eyes ache... I can't wait to see yours develop. :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far my plan for decorating and hardscaping is working perfectly. Once of the pepperi is "hiding" under the ramp but it's nice and clearly visible from the front of the tank.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those are some gorgeous frogs! I've never kept any, but I've heard that they are quite the jumpers (for their body size compared to other species). Have you noticed that at all?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those are some gorgeous frogs! I've never kept any, but I've heard that they are quite the jumpers (for their body size compared to other species). Have you noticed that at all?
Yes! They jump much more than most of my other frogs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stunning frogs! Is there any size difference with bassleri sisa and yellow? Whats the largest form of triv? and how does that compare with sisa/yellow

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why are you obsessed with finding the largest frogs you can find?
If you think that posting questions for 10 minutes is being "obsessed" then I guess being "obsessive" is my nature. If you don't wish to answer me, you realize you can just ignore me rather than giving me a snarky response.

To actually answer your question, I have a spare 75 gallon tank, and I want some large visible frogs in them.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
If you think that posting questions for 10 minutes is being "obsessed" then I guess being "obsessive" is my nature. If you don't wish to answer me, you realize you can just ignore me rather than giving me a snarky response.

To actually answer your question, I have a spare 75 gallon tank, and I want some large visible frogs in them.
They won’t be nearly as visible as your Terribs.
In fact, most times I walk by my Ameerega tanks, it’s a ghost town.

You won’t be seeing them very often, if that is your goal, as they can be pretty secretive at times.

Nick Gamble
Gamphibian House

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Nice additions!
I’d like to add some golds to my Ameerega collection some time in the near future.

Congrats.

Nick Gamble
Gamphibian House

1 - 20 of 27 Posts