Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an apartment? Everyone always talks about how loud they are. Just how loud? Can you hear them over the vacuum cleaner?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Loud is good, IMO. I never get tired of hearing it. Like birds in the AM or spring peepers in the PM.

Ameerega are loud, compared to some other species. Louder than a vacuum? Yeah, maybe.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
For an apartment? Everyone always talks about how loud they are. Just how loud? Can you hear them over the vacuum cleaner?
you will not hear them over a vacuum cleaner. They are not that loud. and I wouldn't say they are loud...they have a pleasant call which is louder than most darts. You should look up the call and see if you like it...if so they won't bother you at all.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ain't no dart has anything on Solomon Leaf Frog. I had one decide to "call" at 3 am. Sounded like a half volume chihuahua. Scared me half to death. I had it in a critter keeper at the time and put that sucker in the bathroom and shut the door.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like all frog calls that I've heard in real life and as recordings but theres no way to know how loud they'd actually be just by listening to recordings. I just don't want neighbors complaining.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I like all frog calls that I've heard in real life and as recordings but theres no way to know how loud they'd actually be just by listening to recordings. I just don't want neighbors complaining.
you'll just have to get some and find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts