Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bassleri, pepperi, hahneli, trivs, altas, etc, I wanna see em all! Being as I'm at my parents' until graduation, these frogs are too loud for me to own.... so I have to live vicariously through you all :D

Also, I'll give many thousands of pennies to whoever convinces Brazil to allow the export of a few dozen A. flavopicta.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I got a few pics, A. hahneli 'Iquitos', Red/Orange Trivs, 3 stripe Trive, and Yellow Bassleri "Tarapota' I'll see what else I can capture this weekend.

Sorry for the dark pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nice pictures!

I've been wondering what the difference is between the A. altamazonica 'sisa' and 'abiseo' is.

Triv's are 3rd or 4th on my list. Just need to get another big tank, haha.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pictures!

I've been wondering what the difference is between the A. altamazonica 'sisa' and 'abiseo' is.

That's my problem, I love trivs but don't have room for another big tank.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice pictures!

location, other than that they look very similar...from what Mark Pepper tells me. I would like to work with another locale though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
my aff. hahneli

location, other than that they look very similar...from what Mark Pepper tells me. I would like to work with another locale though.
I'm getting some altamazonica's sisa by the end of the month (a group of 5 or 6 from understory). I also would like to work with an other locality but so far no luck on finding them. the morph from Tocache is in my opinion the most beautifull one.

I currently hold one species of small ameerega. the aff. hahneli. breeding goes well but not many tads survive it.

also want to get me some normal hahneli's or maybe a group of billingus but i don't know if they are available in the hobby.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump for more Ameerega, saw the triv appreciation thread and thought I'd open it up for the rest of them.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I'll post some pictures of mine when I can. It's too bad this thread only has 2 pages. I've never understood why Ameerega weren't more popular.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ameerega bassleri and altamazonica are 2 of my top 3 wanted frogs. I was told they require experience though. I would like to get some extra info on what it takes to house these guys.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I just got an exo 18" cube and I plan on making a awesome viv for a pair (maybe trio) of A. Pepperi Orangehead or A. Bassleri Chrome from Understory Enterprises in the summer.
I don't really think I will be doing a display, as a think the benefits of a heavily planted vivarium is better then the benefits of a display. plus it is more realistic. what are the chances of seeing a slice of jungle that looks like one of our display vivariums in the wild? The more plants in a vivarium, the happier the frogs will be, is what I think :D

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I just got an exo 18" cube and I plan on making a awesome viv for a pair (maybe trio) of A. Pepperi Orangehead or A. Bassleri Chrome from Understory Enterprises in the summer.
I don't really think I will be doing a display, as a think the benefits of a heavily planted vivarium is better then the benefits of a display. plus it is more realistic. what are the chances of seeing a slice of jungle that looks like one of our display vivariums in the wild? The more plants in a vivarium, the happier the frogs will be, is what I think :D
You're going to need a bigger tank than that. I have my group of Pepperi in a 125g & they could easily jump the entire length of the tank in one leap if they felt the need.
I personally wouldnt keep them in anything less than a 30g.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts