Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so its time to breathe some new life into my breeding project on these guys...

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but is there anyone else in the US currently working with Orangehead (AP-OHNS)?

If so, what are you working with?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but is there anyone else in the US currently working with Orangehead (AP-OHNS)?
If so, what are you working with?
I've got an interest in seeing an answer to this as well...
Judy-- my avitar is one of them.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Scott....love 'em....want 'em....gotta have 'em......what a lovely call as well....when you get some more...let me know!! Your avatar is more "red"--and I had to go back and read older threads about the Orange vs. Orange heads...etc. Pretty interesting... (you can tell its 90 degrees out...nothing like sitting on my butt in the air conditioned frog room.....)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I did do that before I wrote the post...but was curious whether the initials had any purpose other than an arbitrary assignment.....I have seen and heard them at Scott's...and loved the call.....is it typical of those frogs for the species???

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I did do that before I wrote the post...but was curious whether the initials had any purpose other than an arbitrary assignment.....I have seen and heard them at Scott's...and loved the call.....is it typical of those frogs for the species???
Judy,
You may be confusing the call of the "Abesio" pepperi at my place. They do have a similar appearance, but the orangeheads have, well, more orange on their heads!
I have chrome bassleri, black bassleri, abesio and the orangeheads; all seem to have the same loud chirp heard up two flights of stairs.

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh sorry, I didn't realize that's what you meant. I'm honestly not sure. Looking at it, you'd think AP= Ameerega pepperi and OH= OrangeHead but I don't know what the NS means.

Also, here's a video of them calling:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
well...it really doesn't take too much to confuse me anyway...but you are right...next time will study your frogs with a better understanding of their differences...you patient person you.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts