Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this trio up this weekend at the BJ barbecue from JP. Look at those colors folks!!!! They are wicked bold, voracious eaters and are super photogenic.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The orange have been reclassified as pepperi (after Mark). If you PM your email I can send you the article in Zootaxa.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, to clarify, both the UE EB-OHNS and EB-CHO populations of A. bassleri are now classified as A. pepperi.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Were those your frogs in the office? I was eyeballing some casteonoticus while checking out but couldn't see what was underneath... Congrats! They're stunning :).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Great pictures - much better than any I'd managed to take! Marina - one may have ended up in the office (sold a single to another New Englander) but AFAIK, stemcellular's didn't come in. You'll get to see more of the same if you make it down to the end of Aug get-together.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks JP! I'm amazed how bold they are - unlike most of my other froglets they come out when I open their quarantine container (if they are not out and about already)... a lot like mantella aurantiaca, they seem to be fearless!

Btw, I'm really psyched I nabbed the yellowish one. He/she is spectacular.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
mine are also bold, but not fearless, however thats good to hear you see them often because from what I have heard about the other morphs, they are much shyer.

Good luck with those guys

·
Registered
325 Posts
Whats the care like on these? Similar to larger PDF's?
Let's see...

- like it cool
- are a small large PDF (smaller than a Surinam Cobalt tinc for example)
- seem to appreciate a water feature
- seem to prefer smaller food items - mine will chase melanogasters before hydei. Funny, because the froglets switched to FFs quickly.

Not care related - and like all of this, anecdotal:

- slow maturing (2yrs before good clutches)
- seasonal (spring and fall)

I'd love to hear from others who have been successful w/ these guys.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Excellent Stem,

Nice youtube feed... you just inadvertently consumed my entire evening! haha

Ps. I noticed some of that tropical moss (it is tropical, right?)... you wouldn't happen to be able to spare some extra would you? I shall reward handsomely! pm me if you don't mind!

I really appreciate it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts