Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone keeps these frogs in the US. i'm from europe and i've posted several wanted threads for this species without any result. they were in the european hobby but they've seemed to be gone.
send wikiri a mail if they can export them. would really love to add these to my collection.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
From what I have been told there are no plans to import, apparently there has not been much success breeding these a.macero, or a.cainarachi in captivity. Ask Mark Pepper and see if he can offer some insight as to why...I beleive the ideal breeding conditions are hard to replicate...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Eric, I would assume that breeding efforts have not been that successful otherwise I imagine we would see more of these. Do you happen to know anythig about breeding efforts and any potenital problems? Its too bad there aren't more of these around they're very cool!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've also posted something on my facebook about this species. and maybe i have the chance to get some. they are still available in the european hobby but you have to know the persons.
i'm also going to contact mark to find out if they can be imported.
about breeding all small ameerega species aren't the best breeders in captivity.
my ameerega aff. hahneli have givin' me about twenty clutches on a year and i only got about 20 decent frogs.
a lot dies in the stage from tad to froglet.
I've tried different things nothing works.
now i'm going to set up an aqua let it run for a month and going to put all my tads in there. what survives is nice what goes lost to bad.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i've also posted something on my facebook about this species. and maybe i have the chance to get some. they are still available in the european hobby but you have to know the persons.
i'm also going to contact mark to find out if they can be imported.
about breeding all small ameerega species aren't the best breeders in captivity.
my ameerega aff. hahneli have givin' me about twenty clutches on a year and i only got about 20 decent frogs.
a lot dies in the stage from tad to froglet.
I've tried different things nothing works.
now i'm going to set up an aqua let it run for a month and going to put all my tads in there. what survives is nice what goes lost to bad.
People have been successful with hahneli and zaparo over here, but I believe many of the smaller ameerega have been tough to breed. Another one that has disappeared from the US hobby is silverstonei, there may still be a few but I haven't heard of any for years...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silverstonei the issue is the temp. to high and they die.
in europe there are a few that succesfully breed with them but not the entire year.
most good clutches come in the winter months.
i'm not giving up my search.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got a mail from wikiri. and in the near future they going to work with the bilinguis so they will come soon i hope.

Reactions: thedude

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
indeed i would love to see more of the small ameerega species available in the hobby. most of the time the breeding difficulty makes them unavailable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts