Dendroboard banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is it me or does A. bassleri's call sound a little bit like a spring peeper (Pseudacris crucifer)?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Not exactly, chromed are twice as big as blacks and are clearly 2 distinct population and pretty far apart in nature
I'm aware, it was a joke. They don't seem similar to me at all really.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Moty, thats an AWFUL lot of tads to be taking care of.......if you send me some you wouldnt have your hands so full

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
dendro dave, dont just "like", comment on them ;) how are they doing?
Well I guess that cat is out of the bag :D
They're good...they are awesome....I'm surprised out how much variability they are showing all being roughly the same size/age....I'm really interested to see what they all look like grown up.

They were a little jumpy so I haven't made much effort to take pics yet...but soon ;)

*Edit*
Just checked on them, found all 5...they got jumpy though so I only managed to get one halfway decent pic before I figured best to leave them alone again...

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I have 40 or so yellow or Tarapoto bassleri tads ready to come oow. Very, very exciting, and many years in waiting.
Sweet, haven't seen/heard much about the Tarapoto bassleri so it's good to hear someone is having some luck.

How are the blacks doing for you? I'd like another shot at those some day.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well I guess that cat is out of the bag :D
They're good...they are awesome....I'm surprised out how much variability they are showing all being roughly the same size/age....I'm really interested to see what they all look like grown up.

They were a little jumpy so I haven't made much effort to take pics yet...but soon ;)

*Edit*
Just checked on them, found all 5...they got jumpy though so I only managed to get one halfway decent pic before I figured best to leave them alone again...
I'd be jumpy too with that giant grubby mitt coming at me. Lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
For anyone who's never heard it, hear is a crappy iPhone vid of my little black bassleri calling...definitely the loudest of my frogs(veraderos,galacs, auratus,variabilis).
He always stops calling when I get in front of his viv, so it's pretty much a lame vid of my vivs as the lights are in the process of shutting off...which is when he calls the most/loudest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i love these frogs - thought i got the yellow basleri a few years ago but it turns out they are the pepperi. does not really matter to me - they area awsome and i love the call. they had a tough time breeding in the begining, i would pull the eggs to early and they would always die. but recently i leave the eggs in the tnak till they area almost completly formed and then pull them. i have around 40-50 tads in the water. as soon as a i pull the eggs they drop another clutch almost by the next day.
i house a group of 4 in a 18x18x18 exo. if i could i would have them in a larger tank but they are doing really well.

i am really wanting to get the real yellow or the Chrome - i have seen the chrome before and they are by far the coolest frog i have ever seen.
Hi,

I have a little question about the eggs.Since the plants are so dense, how did you find their eggs? Where do they usually lay eggs?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts