Dendroboard banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I just wanted to share a few photos of my chrome blue/green bassleri. The second and third shots are of the same frog, but neither photo shows the golden color on its head very well. I still consider myself an rank amateur frog photographer.

Bassleri 5-16-12.jpg Bassleri 2 5-16-12.jpg Bassleri 3 5-16-12.JPG

·
Registered
465 Posts
check out my post on my 150 gal with 7 chromies
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...gal-community-tank-set-vanzolini-basleri.html

--- i love this frog. i have 4 that are green chrome and 3 that are really deep blue.
i have had pepperi and chromes and they seem to breed well in large groups but that is just for me... not sure how everyone else does it.. i also try to mist alot and give them a ton of room with multiple breeding huts.
i just pulled 35 good tads from the chrome tank...
i have really good results leaving the eggs in the tank till the parent either transports to the water and just before. when i pull them too early i get alot of die off. the male gurds the eggs 24/7... just make sure you have no slugs or snails in the tank that will eat the eggs.
this is a picture of my first chrome baby out of the water

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Heres 5 different clutches of sisa from 2 different pair at lunch time. Coupdnt show them all but they fun to watch bouncing around in there.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I came home from work today and heard my single,
8 month old black bassleri calling for the first time...too cool!
Makes me feel bad for him in there calling all by himself... Lol
Anyone have any females?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Blacks are great...another underrated frog that shines in real life.:)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
thats a black bassleri. imo they look pretty similar to the chromes just less chrome and blue but a bit more yellow.
So 2 different populations of the same species look similar except for the color? Who would've thought ;)

I love my sapasoa bassleri, but I haven't been able to getaway female after 2 years of looking...hint hint.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts