Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I’m looking into getting dart frogs for the first time and have been researching vivarium construction and everything I can learn about dart frog care. My question is about lighting. I know I need some kind of grow light on the enclosure to give UVB to the plants and frogs during the day, but will the frogs be bothered by the ambient lights of the room at night if the grow light is off?

·
Registered
106 Posts
In most cases, ambient light won't be a problem assuming you're still ultimately turning them off at night too. Plants will do fine with LEDs at a color temp of 5000-6500. You can get fancy with lights for your plants, but it's not necessary. Most of the plants that do well in a humid vivarium are used to low light levels. The frogs will be getting their VitD and Ca from their supplements that you dust your fruit flies with. I think the general consensus is that Repashy Calcium Plus a good all-in-one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
UVB is NOT needed for plants or dart frogs.
This.
And, when my Nicrew LED's turn off on my two tanks, my frogs continue as though nothing has changed overall. I have them in my living room, in a nook where there's no traffic or big faces looking in on them all the time. Room light doesn't bother them at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts