Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was told by Tor Linbo the best way to go is by call and wether or not their throats are patterned or spotted. If their thoats are spotted randomly it usually means a vent, but it it has a triangle, square, or hour glass shap on it's throut it is generally a Amazonicus.

Danny

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I forgot to say that they are Todd's bloodline. I have one that is huge and has to be a female. I might be lucky on the sex of them. The youngest are now 2.5 months old. From what I see right now 1.2.2 but it is looking to be a 2.3 and I have my fingures crossed for 2.3 .
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

·
Administrator
8,807 Posts
I understand that... also why I am asking.

Todd has also experienced people buying his Red Vents and selling them as Red Amazonicus (not saying that is what Jason is doing).

Just trying to ascertain what he has. Heck, seems to be the neverending question in regards to thumbs - which are Vents and which are Amazonicus.

I like the clue mentioned above on the throat pattern. I am going to get another look at mine to try and figure it out.

thx.

s
steelcube said:
Todd has both.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I recieved these guys in a trade from John and Jennifer Gibeau of tincs.com. I trust that they are amazonicus as they told me they were this species. John and Jen are great people who live in the north west, "were the thumbnails are," since it seems to be a hot bed for having most species.
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
ryalan, nice pics of the WC frogs! Are you breeding them? What type of set-up (greenhouse?) are you using? Do you breed them in groups or pairs?

Scott, did you ever figure out what you have; red vents or amys? Are there any clear cut differences between the two? What is your position on the two being cross-bred because of the similarities?

Jason, are you having any luck breeding them? If so, what type of set-up are you using?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Thanks Darren.

Wow, I was sort of 1 for 3 for getting answers to questions! Let me try another one before I put this to bed. Is there a general consensus on the difference between red vents and red amazonicus or have the two been crossbred so much that there isn't a difference anymore? If there is a distinct difference between the two, can we differenciate the two by throat pattern as previously stated?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts