Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to show off my latest score. This is the most amazing stump/piece of wood I have ever seen! I think it will be a part of my new 40 gallon Retic viv. This is a score from a good friend of mine that I used to farm corals with. I paid a whopping $5 for this. It measures 18" x 10". I'm not sure what kind of wood it is but it is REALLY heavy for it's size. Any ideas what it might be?
I'm seeing this covered in epiphyte ferns and maybe an orchid.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm far from an expert, but from the weight you're describing and the look, that may be Teak.

It's a south Asian Hardwood. I've seen it used a lot in furniture.

No matter what it is, that's a great looking piece.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Wow I can already see where this Viv is going! Badass frogs and a sweet piece of wood.. Did I hear construction journal? ;)

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I can already see where this Viv is going! Badass frogs and a sweet piece of wood.. Did I hear construction journal? ;)
You sound as if you have a personal connection to these frogs, Chris! (My gorgeous little Retics are very well acquainted with Chris's Retics!)

I have a piece of Microsorum linguiforme with that stumps name on it
Like this? Microsorum linguiforme That's a good looking fern! Love the veins. Send that bad boy this way and I'll be glad to mount it up for you! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts