Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waitng for my tank to establish before I get frogs. I find myself watching my iso and springtail cultures, just curious if anyone else watches their cultures too. Im pretty sure im going to enjoy my bugs just as much as my frogs!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Not weird at all!! Dart frogs are awesome, but little isos and springs are extreamly fascinating. I'll sit and watch my cultures for a little while (when I have extra time, which I don't have much anymore). They are very cool and intersting critters.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Bugs are stupid! I hate bugs! ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually want to get giant oranges just to observe, cant let my gf know that though, to her they are food!

·
Registered
835 Posts
If it's weird, then there are a whole bunch of weird people here.

I only had to feed 15 cultures last night and it took me just a little over an hour. I had to check them out, watch them run around, etc. Heck, I even talked to them.

Pumilo told me that this was perfectly normal and that I should only be concerned if they talk back.

Yep, I'm a closet bug freak.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not weird at all. It just shows that you love the hobby.

Although i get called weird all the time for keeping a reef tank and tiny frogs. Oh and for having ff cultures deliverd to my job. :)

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
If it's weird, then there are a whole bunch of weird people here.

I only had to feed 15 cultures last night and it took me just a little over an hour. I had to check them out, watch them run around, etc. Heck, I even talked to them.

Pumilo told me that this was perfectly normal and that I should only be concerned if they talk back.

Yep, I'm a closet bug freak.
Zoomie, my oranges have actually learned how to talk. We converse for hours on end. One of them is actually helping me design my new 70 display!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
For me, I really enjoy seeing the springtails crawling through the leaf litter. I guess I like seeing them because I know the viv is stable, and my frogs have options. So yes I love to see bugs, but at their expense ;) .

JBear

1 - 20 of 33 Posts