Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that my local hydroponic supply store has some items cheaper than I can get online or from more traditional sources.. I have found roll coco fiber panel I use for background for $2 a foot, 3 foot wide thats pretty good, they have the compressed coco bricks for a lot cheaper that the pet stores and I have had no problem with them. They carry a varied assortment of lighting, but those are mostly very expensive, and I am very cheap. Hydroton, or Gro-rox can be had at a decent price, and they will sell it by the quart Also water pumps and natural organic fertilizer. Any one else have some secret suppliers out there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a local nursery that sells all kind of great tropical plants and hard to find unique plants that i cant find anywhere else but on line. This nursery also sells aforementioned plats for $2.50 each for a 4" pot. way cool and way cheap. He will even get something special for you if you know what you need!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a place called beechwold gardens on olentangy. right next to the big cemetary across from the kroger. i think it's between north broadway and ackerman.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Re: which local store is that?

There are a couple:
Garden Indoors
(614) 262-1600

There is also a place out on 256 by walmart, but I can not fidn the name. Garden indoors had some nice stuff, I picked up some geolite, and may go get some other stuff.

melissa68 said:
Hey, share your sources, we are in Columbus too!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is one guy in the garden indoors shop that knows just about everything there is to know about orchids. it think his name is matt, but he will talk for hours about plants and growing anything at all. actually everyone in that store knows their stuff.

PS the place i was talking about is actually called Boulevard Gardens. They have hardly any stock during the off season, but in the spring and summer they have so many plants tht you can barely walk through the doors!

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
What kind of stuff? tropical plants? Do you have the address?

drunknmunky said:
there is one guy in the garden indoors shop that knows just about everything there is to know about orchids. it think his name is matt, but he will talk for hours about plants and growing anything at all. actually everyone in that store knows their stuff.

PS the place i was talking about is actually called Boulevard Gardens. They have hardly any stock during the off season, but in the spring and summer they have so many plants tht you can barely walk through the doors!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea tropical plants, i dont know the address, it's on olentangy river road. just dial 411, they can tell you where it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts