Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So My wife and I went out of town last weekend for our anniversary and seconds before hitting the door I was doing some last second feeding. I accidentally let the door go on one of my vert tanks and it slammed down on my rack breaking the door. Of course this tank just happened to be housing a tiny pumillio who likes to jump. Thankfully he was just as panicky as I was during the whole thing and went to hide in some plants instead making a break for it. Luckily I had broken a different door during construction and had a fresh cut one lying in wait. Still I'm sure my wife thought this was a great start to our weekend getaway when she had to post guard in front of the tank while I fetched the new glass and installed it. I think I'll be getting some of that padded tape to stick on my racks. Also I will be keeping more planted q.t. tanks around and spare doors.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Glad to hear you didn't have to chase any frogs around the room. I actually was on vacation a few weeks ago, and after 2 days, I get a call from the "petsitter" asking if there was a reason the tank on the counter was left open, while all the others were closed. Luckily, all 3 frogs stayed in the open tank for over 48 hours, so I was shocked, but relieved.
Bryan

·
Registered
446 Posts
:mad: Darn you... you jinxed me LOL

Was just reading this thread yesterday.. went home to feed. I have a little stuffed dart frog above my verts to help block out escaping light. It slipped, went to catch it, had just opened my viv door, door fell down, hit my rack and shattered EVERYWHERE.

Luckily this was my frogless tank... was just doing a little misting on the plants. Now I need a new door. :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
LOL no biggie. I was just messing with ya and sharing my story too :-(
Thought it was funny that I just read your thread not even a few hours before.

This is hopefully gonna be my varadero tank in the future.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tank I just got done with is cursed. I broke 3 doors and the 5" bottom glasss piece before I finally finished. On the plus side it showed me how easy building your own vert kit could be. I'm looking into doing verts with lexan doors it's kinda pricey though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts