Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
What's the temperature and humidity and etc in the tank? Please share any usefull information :). Oh yea and mucho congrates!!

Everett

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as temps and humidity, I do not monitor these things on a daily basis nor do I try to keep them constant. I believe variance and fluctuation (within reason and a range of course) is beneficial. That being said the current temperatures probably max at around 80 and drop to say 75 maybe a little lower at night. As the weather here is cooling this range is starting to drop. Humidity in any enclosed tank even with a very "open" top will be in the 80% range (from ground to about 3-4 inches up) simply from the evaporation of moisture off of the sphagnum. The tank these guys are in is a vertical 10. I've got it on a misting system to keep the cups and eggs from drying out and I am manually cycling the mister at the moment. I'd guess the humidity runs a little higher than 80% in these most of the time. I probably run the mister 2 or 3 times a week for like 3 minutes. I try to let things dry out a bit between mistings. I've got other pumilio that are not on a misting system that do well also so I don't think it is a necessity. Just remember, whatever works for you, there is no "best setup". IMO

G

·
0 Posts
Very nice, I'm jealous. I ended up with two male Almirante. Don't think I'll see any tads soon..... :roll: Hopefully they will be good parents for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts