Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take pics since I had my dads Nikon D40 to play around with, he has a extra lense for it and I tried to take pics with it and it was an epic fail so I took all of these pics with the lense that comes on the camera. This is all of my frogs minus my lamasi, I can never seem to get pics when they are out, I also dont have pics of my nominant Imi, it dissappeared I think it died.

Leucs

Cobalts

Patricia

New Rivers

This is supposed to be a New River as well But im not so sure.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looking good.. we will have to get a couple trades going on down the road since your close.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't think that the new rivers are new rivers. I have seen them in person and they have more black then that. Also I know its gonna come up so I will be the first to tell you this politely.

The frogs need to all be separated into there own tanks so they don't X-Breed. You will be getting a hand soon but I am trying to be the politist.

Mainly from what I see the "new River" with the Patricia

·
Registered
308 Posts
Some nice frogs but I doubt the blue frog is going to make it. It really doesn't look very healthy to me.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
since the Nikon D40 doesnt have an autofocus motor in the camera, all lenses that you want to shoot autofocus with must have their own. I found out this the hard way, wish I had bought the D 70 OR 90

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Yeah, that's classic nutrient deficiency due to lack of calcium. I've seen a few tincs and ameerega with that (and by that I mean received some with that symptom). They normally function fine, eat well, etc. but just look wonky.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good.. we will have to get a couple trades going on down the road since your close.
Definetly where are you located??

Whose lineage are the Patricia? They are awesome with that tone of blue, Bill
I was sold understanding that they were F2 quality capitives from chesney on DB

I don't think that the new rivers are new rivers. I have seen them in person and they have more black then that. Also I know its gonna come up so I will be the first to tell you this politely.

The frogs need to all be separated into there own tanks so they don't X-Breed. You will be getting a hand soon but I am trying to be the politist.

Mainly from what I see the "new River" with the Patricia
I know the 1st 2 new rivers are new rivers as I seen the breeders from which they came from the last frog was the one i was confused about I think it may have been accidentally labelled but its okay I have talked to lisa about it.

The frogs are not more then 1month OOTW i know they dont need to be permenatly housed together and they wont be but with them as young as they are it wont hurt a thing. They have vivs in planning as we speak.

since the Nikon D40 doesnt have an autofocus motor in the camera, all lenses that you want to shoot autofocus with must have their own. I found out this the hard way, wish I had bought the D 70 OR 90
Yeah I didnt know what was going on I couldnt get the extra lense to do anything for me so i gave up but its okay it isnt my camera so i was just playing around with it. I really want a D3000 or a cannon rebel but I cant afford one. :(

Some nice frogs but I doubt the blue frog is going to make it. It really doesn't look very healthy to me.
yeah its looked like that since it came out of the water it eats like a pig though every other day and does great but I agree Im just going to watch it for now.

It actually looks as though it may have something wrong with its back.
I agree I was looking at that today it acts fine and dont have trouble getting around and eats great so im going to watch it and see what happens.

Yeah, that's classic nutrient deficiency due to lack of calcium. I've seen a few tincs and ameerega with that (and by that I mean received some with that symptom). They normally function fine, eat well, etc. but just look wonky.
Thats what im hoping for ill accept a "special" frog lol.

Your leucs look amazing. I can't wait for mine to mature so they can start breeding
I actually only have 1 i had 2 and one dissappeared I think it got out or something because ive never seen it again. The 1 leuc im going to let it grow up and then sex it and find a mate inless i decide otherwise to get a froglet for it and then hope for a mate.

So what does everyone think the little "special" frog look like to you? Azureus??

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am perplexed as to why the last New River is colored up the way he is and why his back looks deformed. I haven't had any NR froglets come out looking like that. It can't be that they were mislabeled as tads because I haven't had Azureus tads in a long time, but it sure does look more like an Azureus than a New River. For years I have alternated between Repcal and Herptivite, but switched to Repashy around the first of the year. I dust every feeding and feed my tads tad bites. I wonder...since these guys were sold as tads, could it be a change in the water, diet, or something else that has caused this?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I was confused the whole time while morphing it out it just wasnt looking like the other 2 at all I was just hoping the colors would change but it hasnt.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heres a few more pics of one of my Lamasi that I managed to take a pic of before it went into hiding. Im wasnt to sure which this was it was either my male or my unknown.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BUMP!!!

I'm really curious to see what everyone thinks may be wrong with the special Patricia

1 - 17 of 17 Posts