Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the light built in? Has anyone used these? Does anyone have anything positive/ negative about them? I was thinking that this may be an alternative to buying a complete glass top and the light hood separately.

By the way, I am new to darts and mostly do my research by learning from all of you guys and the great care sheets(saurian.net, herpetologic.net). I sort of have been spying now for a good 4 months. I have kept plenty of geckos (eublepharids, uroplatus, chondrodactylus, nephrurus) in the past, but as I am at school, I was looking for something smaller (food source considered as well) but just as cool. I want to thank a lot of you guys for all the information you have given other people that has in turn helped me.

-shawn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a few of these in use myself. I find them quite nice after a few simple modifications. I ditched the strip of vinyl that rides along the back pane of glass. In it's place I siliconed 2 layers of fiberglass screen (no-seeum-mesh would have been a better choice) to the pane of glass and stretched it over the rim of the aquarium and siliconed it to the glass on the back and side-corners. It may seem a little unsightly, but these areas are seldom seen in my case so they go unnoticed. You should also secure the back pane of glass to prevent sliding. I'm not great at explaining things so when I have more times I can do a more descriptive plan for you if you would like. Hope this helps.

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome

thanks a lot,
i was wondering about that vinyl strip specifically and that makes perfect sense... i really like the idea with the no-see-um mesh. thanks a lot.

-shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts