Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Is there really a difference? Maybe it's just me who doesn't see it, but I'm not sure about those two names...
J

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There are differences, and although slight, enough in my opinion that they should not be crossed. The inferalanis were collected at a different locale than the original alanis imports (according to the exporters). It is pretty easy to tell when you look at adult alanis and adult inferalanis side by side, which I was able to do when I acquired mine. The inferalanis are a much larger animal, the yellows tend to be "brighter" with some orange and the general patterns (although obviously different per animal) seemed different between the two. With younger animals I would imagine it is harder to tell the difference. Unfortunately I believe there are people who consider them close enough to just call them all Alanis. So just track down where the animals came from and what the original WC's came in as, alanis or inferalanis. Personally I think Inferalanis generally are a more attractive frog, but that's just my opinion.

G

·
0 Posts
rmelancon said:
The inferalanis were collected at a different locale than the original alanis imports (according to the exporters).
Good enough for me. I wasn't sure if it was just a few frogs from the same population that were brighter/larger or both which made themselves a new morph. Until I've been there or heard from someone who has I get skeptical about morphs of things like that.
J

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I agree, it is a close call and without "being there" you either trust the exporter's information on locality or you don't. The oelemaries are another location specific "alanis type" that look very similar but there are slight differences in coloration (specifically white feet and white markings on legs and back) enough to where I wouldn't want to lose or muddy these traits by mixing them with alanis or inferalanis.

G

·
0 Posts
While I agree with all the other posts I'll just try to answer I believe they are probably inferalanis first because that was what they were sold as and second they look like inferalanis. If they looked very different id be worried but they look like many inferalanis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts