Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on using the air circulation method described here:
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/pa...rculation-system-you-can-make.html#post388047
I want to drill the back of the tank and have the inlet and outlet come in through the background. The problem is trying to blend the vents into the background and make them look more natural. I was thinking about using cork bark rounds, or just covering them with GS. Anyone have any better ideas?

·
Registered
161 Posts
what kind of background are you using? if i were you, id just cut out a similar sized hole as the pvc and then work the mesh into the background to lay flat with it. say if you were doing great stuff, make the background, then where your holes will go, cut the hole, then place the mesh over, then apply a little more great stuff to seal the mesh on. get that?

Butt.. if you going to build it exactly like his was, but to hide it on the back side of the tank, i would really suggest for you to just place the fans inside the tank and cover them with some mesh, or if you are afraid of that, you could sandwich the fan between some PVC reducers or whatever, similar to the way he had that, but put it in the corner or so.

to me, the type of circulation he made with that contraption it way overkill for something that doesnt accomplish much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts