Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an ad on Craigslist for the clay balls for hydroponic gardens, a 2 valve air pump and some fertilizer. I purchased the clay balls and the air pump for 10.00 The guy also included the air tubing. When I got home I saw that he attached a oxygen tube (the kind they use in the hospital that sticks into your nose) to the air lines.

My question is would it improve air circulation if I put it into the terrarium? Would it be beneficial?

I welcome any and all opinions and advice.

Thanks
Betty

Attachments

·
Banned
55 Posts
I saw an ad on Craigslist for the clay balls for hydroponic gardens, a 2 valve air pump and some fertilizer. I purchased the clay balls and the air pump for 10.00 The guy also included the air tubing. When I got home I saw that he attached a oxygen tube (the kind they use in the hospital that sticks into your nose) to the air lines.

My question is would it improve air circulation if I put it into the terrarium? Would it be beneficial?

I welcome any and all opinions and advice.

Thanks
Betty
Of course, well, maybe. Depends on how strong the air pump is. How big in inches would you say it is? Also I would worry if it was used in someones nose before (not joking) because pathogens and bacteria could pose a possible issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a ECOPLUS air pump ECO AIR 2. Output is 1.75 psi of pressure. It has a dial that you can use to increase or decrease air flow. The nose tubes were not used for people. The seller works at a hospital.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Hearing that, it might help a little. I tried using a 120 gallon fish tank pump (4PSI) and it helped a little.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks. I have a 55 gal tank. I will give it a try.
Hi Tortoisekeeper,

I think you will be pleased with it.
Here's a post I did a few months back using a similar air pump.
It doesn't do a whole lot of air, but enough IMHO.:)
You can try and figure how many cubic feet of air per min. and go from there if you want to know how much air turnover you will be getting. (in theory anyway)

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/68299-viv-air-exchanger-clean-filtered-air.html

Cheers,
Todd
PS,
You don't have to make a carbon air filter like I did...unless you want to get fancy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts