Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I quit the hobby a while back, but it has been itching ever since that i miss my little friends.
So i decided too built 1 new panoramic vivarium.

Not yet finished, but getting there, slowly and surely. Taking my time.

Pic is the situation as off now.

120 cm wide, 100 cm tall and 50 cm deep.

Suggestions remarks, or any other comment is always appriciated. But remember it isnt finished yet.;)

Plant Water Green Pet supply Terrestrial plant

Plant Water Green Pet supply Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ Tijl yes i know, but the waterfeature in front is pretty much a small channel. Wich i had in my previous ones aswell. And never had any issues except dirty water, that problem wont happen here as i used a big aquarium filter capable of filtering 1400 ltr/hr. And the left one is a very small waterfall that is complelety seperated from the rest off the soil.

I always wanted an compleet part of an biosphere so too speak. Hence the size off the vivarium.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ solidsnake, as you described i need too top it off once a week, not a big problem as i have osmose water on tap.

About a sump, i have been reading about it, but i really could not get my head around it how it should work. That is why i have not added it, but i will look into it again since you mentioned it.

Water changes is pretty simple as i can get it out trought my aquarium pump just need to add it back at the top.

The water volume will be around 50-90 liters. As it goes under the soil aswell.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Circle

JBL CRISTALPROFI e1502 greenline
That is the pump in question.

JBL PROTEMP e300
That is the heater wich keeps the water warm, and also the viv. With addition from the lamps.

I made several taps in the system. so i can adjust the amount off water trough the waterfall and waterpart in the front. And i can let the entire backwall get wet by opening one and closing the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks amazing! I love the plant selection and layout.

It’s obvious that you know what you’re doing. If you’re open to suggestions, I’d highly suggest adding a sump system. Without one, it will likely be difficult to maintain adequate water quality with such a small water volume as in your display tank. Water changes will likely be a PITA too. You’ll probably also have to keep topping it off as such a small body of water evaporates quickly. A sump solves all of those problems.

What are you planning to add as far as livestock goes?

Well @ Solidsnake,

I have been reading about a sump for a while now, and it seems an sump does pretty much the same work as an aquarium filter system.
there are some differences but basicly it is the same. So for now ill stick to my filterpump as it is doeing a good job until now.

Done several water test and the water is still very healthy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts