Dendroboard banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
African violets do not like water on their leaves typically and spotting occurs.

Humidity could be a problem but I wouldn't be too worried about it. 80% is often what one would shoot for (minimal 65 -70), so not as high as what some keep their set ups. I have kept them in terrariums that maintained 90% without issue (as long as some air movement). When properly cared for African violets will bloom basically all year (fertilization and good lighting). Soil should be maintained moist but not soggy. Most of my African violets are set up to water wick from a reservoir or in the typical "self watering" violet pot. I have had mine for many years but I do have an individual in my family (Mother) that had 200 something at one time. They are a very tough plant and can be mistreated and still spring back. Heck repotting I may cut all roots off, scrape the neck with a dull knife and shove into new soil and it never looks worse for wear.

The minis will stay fairly small if you pot correctly. Will get a little larger also if you give them the space but will still retain a small leaf structure and smaller blooms.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts