Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building a paludarium right now and am trying to finish up the tree trunk in it. I plan on covering it with grout and then colored drylok.

Right now I just would like people's thoughts, suggestions, etc. on the tree so far.. I plan on having more stacked rocks on both sides of the tree with a water fall on the right. Sorry if the pictures are bad I took them on my phone...let me know what u think.

Thanks,
Dustin

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
drylok alone should be enough. You don't need the grout underneath it. People use just plain colored drylok for backgrounds on cichlid aquariums without any problems.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would have to respectfully agree with scott. You def have the right idea, but it would look a lot better if they wer not so symetrical.

As for covering them, I believe drylok is the most tested and best for these types of applications.

Good luck!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for the tips! do u think I should just rip them out and redo them?

Thanks again,
Dustin

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok thanks for the tips! do u think I should just rip them out and redo them?

Thanks again,
Dustin
I think like others have said the concept is pretty close. maybe try angling each one a different way for variety, and also try varying thicknesses.

another option for variety would be to create another smaller root coming of one of the roots you have already created

It's close but just needs a few touch ups to make it awesome

zan

·
Registered
725 Posts
i say go crazy with some great stuff and a steak knife to carve it with. It will look more natural than just parallel roots.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alrighty sounds good...I'll try that and post some pics later today or tomorrow. :)

Thanks,
Dustin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts