Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have advice before I start this build..? I have an Exo Terra 18 long, 18 deep and 24 high. Right now it is housing all the plants to use with this build. I have all the supplies that I need (Hopefully) The only thing is I don't have much time to build this out on my own.

When I purchased the tank and the items I thought I had plenty of time to build it out slowly. But just got diagnosed with stage 3 cancer.

So I am turning to everyone here on Dendro to help me get this started.

So question one..
Should I do the great stuff foam on the back panel first then do each side . in other words so a light layer of foam before I add my vines and wood with another layer of foam?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Happy to hear you’re taking back your time! Fuck that thieving cancer.

If you’re doing 3 sides of the background, I’d work through them all at the same time with vines, sticks, etc positioned how you want them.

A single layer of foam should suffice. Maybe get a feel of how much comes out in a squirt and how great it expands on a piece of cardboard. Protecting your vines and wood with a piece of plastic or cardboard with wax paper to inhibit the foam adhering to it as it expands might be very useful.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Troy Goldberg has a few videos up on building vivariums using greatstuff. His latest video will probably be very helpful as he has refined his build process over the years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I have watched some of his builds.... Still going to give it a try this weekend. Fingers crossed It comes out the way I want it. If not I will tear it down and redo it.

This is just a project to help me through my chemo and radiation treatments.

If only there was someone close by that could help...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts