Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first adult/semi adult frogs. Got a few questions. I have a trio that has been identified as 2.1 black/blue auratus. Even the person I bought them off of says the one is a loner and stays on one side of the tank (20long, not verted) and the others stay together. They are roughly 1 year and 3 months old. The tank was a little on the dry side at least to my liking when I picked them up and got them home. I sprayed well, added a ton of leaf litter as there wasnt much in the tank. Also removed the heating pad that was on it as it isnt needed.
After a few days I noticed the male and female would follow around and never leave each others sides. They would go in the cocohut together for long periods of time while the other male was off to his self in the other side of the tank. Should I leave these like this or could I put the two that are staying together in a newer tank and sell the other male. Recommendations?
I want to eventually move them to a different tank and redo the 20 long as a vert for imis. If you recommend selling the other male, would the pair be okay in a 10 vert on the rack? Just trying to figure out whats best. I am used to having froglets. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts