Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly don't believe there is such thing as a red auratus. When I saw the pic of one, it looked pretty similar to something I did in my web design class with the student version of Adobe Photoshop. I took a pic of a terribilis and made it hot pink. I took a pic of a blue siplawini tinc and made it purple. It looked very convincing, it was hard to see if somebody ever tampered with the original.

Is there such thing? I've done searches on it, and never found such an auratus. If anything I'm on the look out for, its the green and white auratus.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi Doug,

The gorgeous photo of the red auratus on this message board was unfortunatly the result of a talented artist, photoshop and April fools day. I have seen a picture of what was called a red and black auratus before. There used to be an old site that people would reffer to as the auratus color morph guide. It had two large collages of auratus photos and in one there was a picture of a frog that looked like a standard reticulated auratus but instead of green markings it had rusty red markings. The photo was taken from above and the frog was on a rock. I want to say that the website wasn't in english but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone remember this site? I'm pretty sure the site doesn't exhist anymore but maybe someone on the board has one of the collages saved and can post a picture. Talk to you later,

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
come on!

An ORANGE auratus now?!? You're not pulling my leg again, are you :wink:

Actually, I think I once saw a black and white auratus that had red edging before. Don't know if that was a lighting effect or what.

I can make another pink terribilis again. It was pretty funny.

However, where can one find the green and WHITE auratus? I've seen pics of them before, but nobody has imported them.

As far as other odd ball morphs go, I have heard of blue and white E. tricolor morphs before that have just recently been discovered. I forget the site. I also know there is a blue and brown histrionicus

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"red" lined auratus

Here is that old photo that I called "red auratus." I think it was just the lighting effect. But to me, it looks like the black and white auratus has red edging on it. Oh well, its fun to believe theres such things as red auratus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.