Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jon Beetle and I are thinking of going up to Mark's place to pick up some terrariums for my lab. We were going to offer to pick up orders for other people in the area. We could have a pick-up station in the NY area and one in PA. Anyone within that area are welcome to let us know if you want some. This will save significant amounts of money on shipping and time. We haven't picked a date for this, but it will most likely be in a month or two. The only fees other than the tank price will be your portion of the costs of van rental and gas/tolls. It'll definitely be much cheaper than having them shipped individually. We all know how great his tanks are, so it's a good chance to get them and save some money.
j

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
wow

Thats cheaper than getting them in the US. Glasscages offers a huge line of acrylic and they come up north quite a bit. here is a list of the places check out the tanks and even give tom a call he will tell you more. well hope this helps. He will make tanks to what you want in most cases.

New York 10/23/2004 10/23/2004 Tenative
Manchester NH 10/24/2004 10/24/2004
Philadelphia PA 11/13/2004 11/14/2004
Manassas VA 12/11/2004 12/11/2004

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had his tanks before and had them custom made for me, and while they're good, they're not even close to what I've seen of Mark's. I'm not getting anything by saying this, just my experience. The tops on the ones from Twin Oaks had holes between them, the lids didn't fit well, and just weren't ideal for what I wanted them for. I had to spend a bunch of time and effort with glues and silicons to get them sealed up well. The rest of their stuff is very good though. Anyway, this thread wasn't for discussing these things, just to offer to bring tanks for people.
j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have over 20 of Understory Enterprices viv tanks and can contest that theyare of the highest quality and they stand behind them 115 % :wink:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I don't need any tanks, but if you want to get me some of his mantella's, and ship them my way, that will be more than fine :lol: Just kidding, If I could pick them Up then I would, but don't worry about it.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts