Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Its made from a 10 gallon with the black plastic around the top ripped off ( carefully ). Then 2 pieces of 1/8" glass, the hinge and the screen.

Rob

· Registered
547 Posts
Well I havent broken a tank yet and I have made 3 of them ( working on my 4th this afternoon ). I take a hacksaw and cut through the plastic trim about twice on each side, then carefully work the pieces with my fingers pulling it off. With some patience, strong hands and luck it will turn out fine. Stay away from using any other tools such as pliers or screwdrivers to pry the trim off as that is when you will break the glass. Also remember the edges under the trim usually still have a pretty sharp edge so sand them after the additional silicon is taken off with a razor blade. I will take pics of my work this afternoon and probably post on Monday.

Rob

· Registered
547 Posts
Plastic Hinge

Canal Plastics, located on Canal Street in NYC, they have all sorts of great pieces and pretty good prices as well. The best part is that they are located about 10 minutes from where I work.

rob

· Registered
547 Posts
Got them from Ken at Peace of the Tropics, think I just ordered a bunch from him and let him decide. Tell him what you are looking for and I am sure he will accomodate you.

rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.