Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which species like to live vertically? I believe all thumbnails are correct? Anything else?

·
Registered
552 Posts
From my understanding, not all thumbs like to climb. I'll let someone more experienced pipe in with what species like height. My lamasi like to climb, but during the day they head down to the leaf litter a lot looking for munchies.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My E. anthonyis are all over the place. They spend about half their time off the ground, so I guess they are semi-arboreal. Are you talking about strictly arboreal species? Maybe O. arborea?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Yeah but I've only ever seen one person selling arborea
Most thumbs I've worked with will use heighth as well as the leaf litter. It can't really hurt to set up an enclosure that provides both.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Some of the fantastica are ground lovers.
More arboreal thumbs would include: Imitators, Vents, Amazonicus, Lamasi, my Vanzolini absolutely love to climb.
I don't have my Retics yet but the care sheet says they will utilize both the floor and the verticle space. I'm waiting for some Variabilis too and my primary research says they will utilize floor space and verticle space.

As froglets, my imitators will prefer to hang out way up high. If I don't have anything to climb on, they will hang out all day clinging to the glass. My Lamasi (actually Sirensis now) froglets prefer to hide out in the lower half, either half hidden in pothos leaves, or down in the leaf litter. They love to "snuggle" together. While stripping a froglet grow out viv, I got 3/4 through it before finding about 10 all hanging out together down in the leaf litter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering as I plan to convert my 40g into a vertical tank. I wanted a pond area towards the front with some ground space, but there really isn't much room with only 18" of workspace IMO. I'm also going to incorporate a waterfall. I'd like to know if I should drill a hole in the bottom. Is it sort of the same concept as a sump for a reef tank? All this froggy stuff is new to me so I'm a little lost on some things lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts