Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Looking good, next time I make a visit im going to bring a few empty 5gallon deer park bottles....it has to be the water out that way that makes your frogs do so well lol.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they drop eggs all the time for me the problem i had was pulling to arly... so what i do is wait till they are almost formed into tad then pull them.... its cool to watch the male hover over the eggs...
and when i pull them it is like clock work they will drop another. almost as soon as a pull the eggs the male starts to call.
so far i have 4 clutches in the water and a 5th about to go in in the next day or 2. i think i have around 40-50 tads

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Thanks for the response. I got one more question for you though. Two actually. First how long have you been working with pepperi? Second how long have they been that productive for you?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
i have had them for about 2 years. they starated breeding real quick for me - thay have been going strong for about a year. i just wish i would have figured out the egg thing earlier. i minght have around 100 tads in the water
Trial and error i guess.

So the tad you posted a pic of is the first one you have had metamorphosize into a froglet? Sorry for all the questions, but pepperi is one of the species that I hope to work with soon. Trying to glean any kind of info possible.

What would you attribute your success with pepperi too?

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a lot tads man. That's awesome! I thought I might chime in and mention that you might be careful not to over breed them. Most froggers agree they need a break every year to stay healthy.

Reactions: MSteele
1 - 13 of 13 Posts