Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was a very interesting day for my family, my grand daughter Jill and her mom came to visit for the week end and Jill went out to play on her swing set when she came storming back into the house with a hand full of froglet's, maybe about 10 or so. I figured she must have found them out by my small water feature, but she said, Nope, they are all over in the grass. Well when I went to investigate she was not kidding there were froglet's everywhere, thousands upon thousands of them everywhere we looked on about two acres and my neighbors were telling me they have the same thing, unbelievable! I could not walk on the grass without brushing the area in front of me in fear of stepping on them. I guess all this rain we had has made for a banner year for frogs as the calling has been going on now for two months non-stop, day and night.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not sure if they are 100% frogs or toads but I know we have a ton of frogs everywhere around my house. I do have toads but the frogs out number the toads 1000 to one from what I see and hear. Here's the best shot I could manage of one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Methinks that is an American toad(let).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen that before here where i live in Texas. Maybe not so extreme that they outnumber he blades of grass in my yard. Interesting case y'all have there though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frog or toad, I'm not sure. As for taking a picture of these guys in the grass, they are so small you can only see them when they jump out of your way when you walk in the grass. I'm putting off cutting the grass for some time hoping they will move off into the woods. There does seem to be fewer each day so I may be able to cut the grass in a few days.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Seen any red bodies of water in your area as well? I know its early, but maybe its time to break out the matzah?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seen any red bodies of water in your area as well? I know its early, but maybe its time to break out the matzah?
Well we had an Earthquake and a Hurricane last month, the newspapers here had on the front page, "What next Locusts?" Kind of crazy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts