Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Beyond WOO HOO! I have a definite pair of powder blue D. Tinctorius that have been laying eggs on and off for the last 9 months. I had stopped pulling the eggs to raise because of my schedule barely allowing time for it, between school, work, frogs, cats (most demanding) and a spouse (least demanding). So, I have basically left them alone.

Today, I was looking in on everyone as I fed them. Low and behold – a TINY powder blue sitting on top of the coco hut. Thankfully my husband was working from home, too, or else I would think I was hallucinating. This baby froglet still has a bump of a tail.

Question – I have pulled him/her/it from the tank, and have a baby shoebox w/ pothos and some leaf littler for hiding. I have cultures of melegastors. Is that adequate for this baby? I don’t have springtails, unfortunately.

Thanks!
Jenn

·
Registered
284 Posts
You may want to get some springtails going because a tadpole raised in the terrarium might not have received as much food and therefore be smaller than a tadpole raised outside the terrarium. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Good job Jen!

That's great! The powder blue should be fine. Give him/her some leaf litter too to hide in as well. The froglet should be fine with fruitflies, but as the other poster mentioned some springtails couldn't hurt.
Good job, and good luck with that little guy.
Dave

p.s. Where in your tank do tadpoles develop do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All:

Well, sometimes things are not meant to be. Unfortunately, the little froglet – which I had named “Oops” - did not make it past that first 24 hours. (24 hours that I was aware of it.) It was really, really tiny and I was not certain it would. Sad weekend to say the least.

Jenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts