Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm not sure how I'd do it exactly, but you could do some sort of hydroponic style viv using epiweb or matting as your background. Then have a small pump in the aquarium send water to a drip bar (i like using the adjustable drip irrigation ports from Lowes) at the top of your viv. If the viv has a drilled drain hole and is higher than the aquarium it should be easy enough to have water drain right back into the aquarium. Should make for a lush and mossy viv, esp if you also mist....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If you have fish that are doing okay in the tank then I wouldn't worry to much about aquatic plant ferts. I used to always use various orchid ferts in my thumbnail tanks and never had any issues. Plants in a super lit and watered tank use up any extra nutrients like crazy, especially in a hydroponic style viv... And the bacteria will probably be beneficial.

However, I would say that all fish medications and other chemicals should be avoided....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.