Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really related to frogs but a problem all the same....

there is a pet store in town. I don't really like the owner. She is unknowledgeable and downright rude to me. When brian comes in she is very polite and tries to be helpful..anyway...she has had baby bearded dragons and gives them full size crickets and leaves lighting on them continually. over the weekend when they are closed (from 12:00 saturday afternoon til monday morning) without water change or anything...cages smell bad..
but now she has had a veiled chameleon, has had him for a while (an adult)and it has a growth on its leg.. doesnt look like it is being treated, now, i cannot go to this woman and talk to her about it so what do i do??? i mean the chameleon looks alright besides the growth as large as his head on his leg..any ideas.... i thought maybe she she will listen to brian (some) maybe he could talk to her

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would suggest you ask your friend to find a good way to point out her mistakes. Most people in this world don't like to be told how to do there job. Sucks when pet stores mistreat there creatures. Most pet stores are owned by else some who really loves animals and tries to treat them good or some one who is making a buck. Her in lousiville you got a ton of pet stores owned by folks who act like they know it all but in truth they dont know crap. If your friend fails to show her the error. I would suggest you find a good way to point it out to her if that fails those creatures probably going to die. :cry: Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
Could try calling and acting like someone else and explain that you were in the store a couple days ago and thought that someone should be informed about the issues you found. I think if you are nice about it you may get your point across. Good luck!

dancing geckos said:
not really related to frogs but a problem all the same....

there is a pet store in town. I don't really like the owner. She is unknowledgeable and downright rude to me. When brian comes in she is very polite and tries to be helpful..anyway...she has had baby bearded dragons and gives them full size crickets and leaves lighting on them continually. over the weekend when they are closed (from 12:00 saturday afternoon til monday morning) without water change or anything...cages smell bad..
but nowshe has had a veiled chameleon for a while (an adult)and it has a growth on its leg.. doesnt look like it is being treated now i cannot go to this woman and talk to her about it so what do i do??? i mean the chameleon looks alright besides the growth as large as his head on his leg..any ideas.... i thought maybe she she will listen to brian (some) maybe he could talk to her

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Kyle on this one. I know it's wrongful to misrepresent oneself, but I feel it's even more wrong to allow an animal to go untreated.

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes tomorrow i will call and just inquire about the growth on"bert's" (that is the chameleons name) leg. i was just so frustrated to see it on him and "unknowledgeable care they take to their pets. Or maybe i am just too particular in thecare given to animals. will post results... wish me luck.. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is a petstore called Pet Depot near where I live that is the same way. :( I go there for crickets and they have soooo many animals in such small amounts of space...even a huge moniter in this tiiiiny little thing... they used to have turtles but either they all died or someone reported them for selling one under 4 inches. Not really sure what to tell you, but you could definately report them to any local associations for the protection of animals. Makes you wanna buy them all to save them, doesn't it. :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
i would call and explain to her the mistakes she's making and if she doesnt liscen after a week i will call the animal control on her.. animals shouldnt suffer because someone doesnt wont to take responsiabilty for these aniamls. if she doesnt care she shouldnt be working there. thats what i think

·
Registered
244 Posts
That is very disappointing to hear. I think honestly when people own a pet store they do not comprehend the amount of time and dedication it takes and eventually they fizzle out and loose interest. Wich is a poor reason to mistreat there animals . My Wife and I own a pet store and i would invtite anyone to come check it out, just finished the incubators and grooming room the store is about 5000 square foot. So There really are pet stores that care about the animals and husbandry techniques that will share what they know to further the well being of consumers and there new pets Heck we have turned people down at times cause they were not educated so it is not about pushing people out the door and selling anyone anything in the store"at least in our store""""anyone can make a animal survive but my wife and I want them to thrive :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts