Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to look
At my mints and noticed one of them has a big bump on the neck and isn’t moving, yesterday when I fed them it was not there so I’m wondering if maybe during feeding she struck at something and missed cause it almost looks like a bone sticking out, any feed back would be more than appreciated.

thank you!
Wood Grass Tints and shades Landscape Art

Plant Tints and shades Cloud Underwater Grass

·
Administrator
4,336 Posts
To better help us help you, please answer all these questions as best you can (cut and paste -- please don't quote because that makes it hard to read the responses):

1. What species ? How long have you had the frog(s) and where did you acquire them ? Were they WC (wild collected) or CB (captive bred)?

2. What are your temperatures (day and night - highs and lows) and how do you measure those temperatures? Does the vivarium have any supplemental heating, and if so, what type?

3. What lighting is on the enclosure (brand, type, wattage) and does the lighting add heat to the vivarium?

4. What is the Humidity like (percentage or guesstimate)? What type of water are you using? What is your misting procedure (automated or hand mister, how long and how often)?

5. Describe your tank/enclosure and its lid or top, and give details about the ventilation (how many vents, where are they positioned, how large are they).

6. What kind of food are you providing, how much and are you dusting it? What superfine powdered supplements (brand and exact product name) are you using and are they fresh (i.e. how long has the container been open, and how is it stored)?

7. Any other animals in the enclosure currently or recently? Tankmates / other frogs ?

8. Any type of behavior you would consider 'odd' ?

9. Have you handled or touched the frogs recently ? Any cleansers, paint, perfumes, bug sprays etc near the tank ?

10. Take pictures of EVERYTHING -- the frogs, the enclosure, the vents. Take numerous pics of everything - that will be of great help.

·
Registered
750 Posts
What were you feeding? I once saw that in a (quite) young terribilis, in my case it was lucky in that I believe it was actually an escaped Soldier Fly larvae that metamorphosed into a fly that was "too big" for the frog but got taken down anyway, and resulted in a startling protrusion that had that same diagonal position. It disappeared with no harm done.

Unfortunately, in your case it may be a piece of debris ingested during an enthusiastic attack, given the apparent size of the frog and the chances being slim the same thing happened to you. I can't be sure but that may need immediate veterinary attention -- if it's a stick or something that can't be passed or regurgitated. Please do fill out the questionnaire mentioned above to help eliminate variables.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know that’s pretty crazy you say that cause I know for a fact there are so big black soldier fly larva crawling around in there that did escape the feeder Petri dish a long time ago, and these mints are definitely my boldest frogs by far I’d say even more so than my golden Terrribs.
What were you feeding? I once saw that in a (quite) young terribilis, in my case it was lucky in that I believe it was actually an escaped Soldier Fly larvae that metamorphosed into a fly that was "too big" for the frog but got taken down anyway, and resulted in a startling protrusion that had that same diagonal position. It disappeared with no harm done.

Unfortunately, in your case it may be a piece of debris ingested during an enthusiastic attack, given the apparent size of the frog and the chances being slim the same thing happened to you. I can't be sure but that may need immediate veterinary attention -- if it's a stick or something that can't be passed or regurgitated. Please do fill out the questionnaire mentioned above to help eliminate variables.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mint terribilis, there going on 2 and a half years old, from Josh’s Frogs, CB

temp of tank always between 65-75 tops, no heating going on other than my daylight bulbs

Quad T5 fixture throws off a lot of heat but tanks are well vented.

humidity always ranges from 70 to 95% but it usually setting about 82%, mist king with an RO system. misting time 30seconds3 times a day 1 nozzle per tank pointed off to the side so they always got a dry spot if needed.

glass tops with a 3 inch vent on the back of each tank all the way a crossed

fruit flies and black soldier fly lies/ larva are the main source of food, Repashy calcium+ every feedingwith Vitamin A once a month.

does have a couple other tank mates so a trio alltogether.

No odd behavior what so ever

no cleaning no sprays and I’ve never handled them I respect them and give them there space

thank you everyone for the help it’s very much so appreciated

To better help us help you, please answer all these questions as best you can (cut and paste -- please don't quote because that makes it hard to read the responses):

1. What species ? How long have you had the frog(s) and where did you acquire them ? Were they WC (wild collected) or CB (captive bred)?

2. What are your temperatures (day and night - highs and lows) and how do you measure those temperatures? Does the vivarium have any supplemental heating, and if so, what type?

3. What lighting is on the enclosure (brand, type, wattage) and does the lighting add heat to the vivarium?

4. What is the Humidity like (percentage or guesstimate)? What type of water are you using? What is your misting procedure (automated or hand mister, how long and how often)?

5. Describe your tank/enclosure and its lid or top, and give details about the ventilation (how many vents, where are they positioned, how large are they).

6. What kind of food are you providing, how much and are you dusting it? What superfine powdered supplements (brand and exact product name) are you using and are they fresh (i.e. how long has the container been open, and how is it stored)?

7. Any other animals in the enclosure currently or recently? Tankmates / other frogs ?

8. Any type of behavior you would consider 'odd' ?

9. Have you handled or touched the frogs recently ? Any cleansers, paint, perfumes, bug sprays etc near the tank ?

10. Take pictures of EVERYTHING -- the frogs, the enclosure, the vents. Take numerous pics of everything - that will be of great help.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mostly leaf litter over spagnum, she’s getting a round a little better today though the bump is still there hasn’t gone down any, but she seems to be handling it a little better
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Tints and shades

What kind of substrate and tank furnishings are in there? And how is the frog acting today?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts